Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Awesome/Not Awesome (9-29-09)

Originally published 9-29-09:

Welcome to my new hopefully daily post, Awesome/Not Awesome. In it, I examine something awesome- and something not so much- and tell you why they are that way.

Alright, and without further delay, let’s see how awesome the following two things are:

AWESOME- The Office comes to Adult Swim

First, let me clear something up here: Just because the Office of America is set in Scranton, 20 minutes from where I’ve lived my whole life, does not mean I must love the show. That being said, from the few episodes I have seen of the U.S. Office, I do enjoy it.

But, the Office (U.K.) deserves most of the credit. I’ve probably seen about the same amount of episodes of THE Office as I have the Office, and it’s clear which one is more original- the original!

For those of you who have not had a chance to see the U.K. Office, Friday nights at midnight, it comes to Adult Swim- and I will be faithfully watching.

In a related story, the Office has taken the slot of another short-lived, much-underrated series “Clerks: the Animated Series”. That sucks, but overall, still pretty awesome. Just like that paper company- in Slough. Definitely give it a shot.

NOT AWESOME- Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the U.S.A.”

Now, as far as Miley Cyrus’s shitty pop songs go, this one is by far the least annoying. Although there are a lot of things that piss me off about it.

1) Why is it that every time I turn on the Goddamn radio, I hear this song. Not flipping through the stations, but just turning on the radio. I heard this song 4 times today- 3 times as previously mentioned, and once flipping the channels. But what the hell. I swear one of the stations is playing it on a loop.

2) Do you really think Jay-Z appreciates the shout-out from Miley Cyrus? I wonder how much street cred he lost in just that one lyric.

3) Once you hear this song, it doesn’t leave you for several hours. It’s the “Mmmbop” of 2009- shit, now I have THAT stuck in my head too.

But other than that, I guess it’s pretty good! And even when it’s not, I hear this Miley Cyrus song, realize it’s only a few minutes long, and then I know everything’s gonna be okay. Like yeah.

I really just closed my first segment by quoting a Miley song. You know what that is? NOT AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment