Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Awesome/Not Awesome (10-5-09)

Originally published 10-5-09

I hope your weekend was better than mine! At least the Flyers are 2-0-0.

AWESOME: Carrots

That's right, carrots. The vegetable.

I bet you forgot if it was even a vegetable!

The carrot is like Stephen Baldwin- sure, it's not the most well-known of the group, but it's not bad!

Negativity is to blame. Ask any kid in the country what their least favorite vegetable is, and they'll say "broccoli". But ask them what their favorite vegetable is and you'll get all sorts of answers (I'm willing to bet corn is #1). So where do carrots fall? Nowhere, because no one gives a shit!

Well, America, I'm here to tell you, carrots are my favorite vegetable, and I'll be damned if you or anyone else is going to fault me for that!

(By the way, corn is #2.)

And you know what else?

You can eat carrots with plastic silverware!

Sweet, sweet carrots! I'm so hungry now.

Honorable mention for today's awesome- The Cleveland Show. I was pleasantly surprised.

NOT AWESOME: Facebook notes

Screw this shit. Why is it that almost facebook notes are some stupid crappy survey, all of which claim that the 100 questions on it you have never been asked before?

That is so not true! Liars!

I, for one, have been asked several times on these surveys: Why are you taking this survey? or Are you ready for the longest survey ever?

I don't know why I'm doing this survey- and no one cares why I'm doing it either. Who the hell are you? Do you get some kind of sick pleasure pointing out the pointlessness of our facebook lives?

And no, this isn't the longest, or the best, or the most random, or the ..... most....whatever-ish survey ever. So stop asking. Douchebag.

Who the hell even creates these surveys? Is this some kind of joke?

One of the more tolerable ones (that I like reading and writing) are those 25 things about me. Most of the facts are mundane, but there are a few very insightful things occasionally written there. Wait, could it be....

I'm actually learning something about you....THROUGH YOUR NOTES?

God forbid anyone just TALK to people. You know what? Shit's weak. I miss talking to people in person. Is that too much to ask? That I just talk to you?

Maybe I'll have to post a survey that says I like to talk to people before anyone will care.

And that....is not awesome.




Goddamn notes...

No comments:

Post a Comment