Friday, August 20, 2010

Awesome/Not Awesome (8-20-10)

I miss hockey. Is it October yet?

AWESOME: Shuffle

As I’ve pointed out time and time again, I don’t want an ipod. My cassettes and CDs serve me just fine, and they’re significantly cheaper.

But one feature that I fucking LOVE though is Shuffle. I don’t get tired of this, I just don’t.

I have 3000 songs or so on my itunes so when I put on shuffle I really don’t have any idea what’s playing next.

You know that feeling when you’re listening to the radio and that song that you love but you never hear comes on (probably “Run Around” by Blues Traveler)? And you can listen to the song on Youtube or whatever at home, but there’s a kind of satisfaction hearing it elsewhere.

Well, shuffle doesn’t quite get to that feeling, but it’s still pretty damn good. You can’t be completely surprised by it because (typically) you know what songs and artists you have in your library.

Although, you can be surprised other ways. Sometimes two songs so radically different directly follow one another and I have an aneurism. Van Halen to the Alan Parsons Project will just never make sense.

Sometimes you just gotta keep skipping until my mind can handle the randomness.
But by far the weirdest shit is when, on shuffle you get songs back-to-back from the same album. That’s just fucking crazy.

I got 3000 songs, and you get consecutive songs from the same artist and same album.

I don’t know why I’m so amazed by this phenomenon. But I am, it’s awesome.

So, does this mean I’m going to get an ipod?

Nope.

What about an ipod shuffle?

Well….. we’ll see.


NOT AWESOME: Soft Drinks at Restaurants

Do you know how much it costs to get a fountain soda at a restaurant? Like how much it costs the restaurant?

Like 25 cents. The cup and lid cost more than the soda.

So you’d figure they’d charge us like 75 cents for it, right? They’re making a good profit then.

Oh, no, the drink is like $2.50. Great.

But at least they give us a cup full of soda right? If they’re going to charge us 10 times the production cost of the item, SURELY they take care of the customer and give him what he’s paying for.

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS? 14 ICE CUBES?

DO YOU KEEP YOUR SODA BOILING BACK THERE? THERE’S NO NEED FOR THIS SHIT!

I take 8 sips and the cup is empty.

Well, at least the cup is empty of soda, you know WHAT I PAID FOR.

I can wait until the ice melts and get a free cup of water!

Yeah, take that, fast food joints! Fuck ya’ll!

At most THREE ice cubes are needed, and that’s if it’s like 100 degrees outside or something.

But when more area is taken up with ice than soda, that’s when I get really fucking pissed off.

You know what I think it is?

I bet that they’re not trying to save money by saving soda.

I bet it costs MORE MONEY to make ICE, so by giving us a whole fuckload of ice they can charge us even MORE.

That HAS to be it.

Or maybe it’s the fucking employees’ fault. They want to do as little work as possible, so they take the quick way out. They can save 3 seconds time pressing the Sierra Mist button if half the cup is ice! Then it’s back to standing around wishing you didn’t work here!

Listen, I hate doing trivial shit, especially for other people while I’m at work.

But c’mon dude, don’t screw me over on this. Just give me a full cup.

Or if you won’t give me a full cup, can I get a free refill?

No?

Go fuck yourself. I ain’t coming here no more.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, don't even get me started on the chip to empty air ratio in bags of potato chips!

    ReplyDelete